Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Why I refuse to look down

"Maybe there are different ways to be brave. Did you know the French have the best carrier pigeons? And this could be the difference in the war. Our messages getting through. There are released from the front and told to go home. This is all they know. But to get there they must fly over a war. It's like... you are flying over so much pain and terror... and you know you can never look down. You have to look forward, or you'll never get home. I ask you, what could be braver than that?"

Ah, my first blog post. The first step of my journey. Above, as you can see, is a quote from one of my favorite movies, War Horse. This has to be one of my favorite quotes ever. I can never look down or I'll get swept up in confusion and regrets. I have to look forward, toward my goals. It's like when you know you shouldn't stare at something, but you can't help it and look anyway. It's like this for me. You think of all these choices like being popular, or even skipping school, but once you do it, once you look down, you can't go back. It's hard, not to look down, because it's something we've never experienced and we're so curious. Curious to try the unknown.

I'll talk to you guys later. ;)

-Gillian

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful start for a blog.. and you're perfectly right.. if you keep looking down, you might miss all the amazing things that lie ahead of you.. very well said :-)

    Kind regards
    Andreas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm excited to get started.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing. You are going to love blogging. I love it so much. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Comments make the day brighter!

      Delete