Hi again!
I've noticed something about myself this year. I'm not the best of friends during the summer. I am an independent person. I can sit all summer by myself in my room. I don't contact any of my friends, and I hide myself from the world. I've gathered a bunch of friends off the Internet, believing that's all I'll ever need, but I've also realized that's not true. How are your Internet friends supposed to give you a shoulder to cry on when your sad, or a dance of joy when your happy? As my mom puts it, "I need to rub elbows with humanity". I can't hide in my room all day, I have to get out there and do something. Whether it's swimming in the pool or dealing with drama. Social interaction makes us who we are. Imagine all your life, you don't talk to anyone. How are you supposed to know how you react to love, sadness, drama, happiness? You don't know who you are. It shapes our life too. The decision of choosing a side during friend rivalry can change your life and how you act. Everything you choose to do can change yourself and your life. It can even be what you eat for breakfast. As I look down at myself, comfy in a t-shirt and boxers behind a computer screen...I need to follow my own advice. Maybe tomorrow.
What have you guys eaten for breakfest?
I'll see you later. ;)
-Gillian
hi, gillian. you don't know me but i believe your whole life can change over something lost on the trail or something found. friends are like that too.
ReplyDeleteYou are wise to have enough respect for your mom that you quote her in public. This is a sign of a healthy attitude towards life. Never lose the capability to quote wisdom when you recognize it; especially from your parents.
ReplyDeleteThank you guys so much for the comments! I'll keep the advice!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a good writer Gillian -- I'm glad to see you share your talents!
ReplyDeleteGillian, your writing itself is technically wonderful, but, most importantly, you have an amazing voice. You have an honesty and purity to your writing that many adult writers lack. Beautiful. Please consider a future in journalism or publishing. The world needs writers like you!
ReplyDelete-Lisa Paradise
hey mom is using my account cause she can't figure it out herself, but this is really good gillian. really really good.
ReplyDeletehaha love you GG, but sadly i cant remember what i ate for breakfast :) wait nevermind i made an apple ginger carrot celery cucumber juice (appetizing { JK! } )
ReplyDelete-sofia oz
Thanks SO much guys! I can't believe I have so much support already! I love you all. I have the biggest grin on my face right now!
ReplyDeleteGillian,
ReplyDeleteI doubt that you know how wonderful you are at this. Your future is so very bright! You are an inspiration and so full of honesty. You might not remember me but I'm a friend of Jo Pat's and live in Berthoud. I know your mom too. I don't even need to wish you luck. I can tell you're gonna be great!
I am impressed to see someone as young as you discovering their talent and embracing it. Your writing will only get better as you get older. I am looking forward to seeing how far you come in 5, 10, 15 years from now. An intelligent and open-minded person is willing to learn from all age groups. I hope to see more posts from you.
ReplyDeleteStop...I can't take all these beautiful words. <3 <3
ReplyDelete